Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving

Has it really been over a month since I've blogged? About ... anything?
I've been faithfully updating my FB status as I participate in a month long event of expressing gratitude....
Some days I post two or three times as so much comes to mind. Sure, sometimes a snarky remark pops in between ... I'm still me after all.
I do indeed have much to be grateful for. For the small and daily things to the huge and eternal.
Today ... today I was thankful for friends who invited us over for dinner and accepted my meager contribution of pumpkin pie.
I stayed to wash dishes as well, feeling I was the least I could do after such a feast!
As with every year, memories of previous Thanksgivings come to mind ... some good, some bad, some funny, some sad, some filled with so many people we've had to take turns at the two tables ... one or two completely alone when the kids went on a mini-vacay with the grandparents.
Just like a slice of life, ever changing, and thankfully, ever improving.

No comments:

Share!