Tuesday, August 07, 2012

and the other flame burned by the grace of God

. . .  4 days now, I can't get this little song out of my head . . .
Did anyone else sing this growing up?
I know we sang it in Girl Scouts, but it sure seems we sang it a lot in school also. . .   perhaps school field trips - bus rides - not that we went a lot of places, and don't get me started on the woeful tale of the awesome trip I earned selling candy, then missed out on 'cuz of the bullies . . .
haha - good times

In looking for a suitable image of Ezekiel (I'm kidding, there's generally only one) I did do a bit of reading (of course I did, my ADD forces me to either immediately decide I can't read something or pore over every word, searching and searching for MORE!)
I learned more than I'd previously known about him.
Seems . . . it's thought he had epilepsy.

Zounds!

Not just epilepsy - temporal lobe epilepsy.

I wonder if most people would even notice those little blurbs or shrug them off, just scan over them, not really reading the words, but looking for new insight into the meaning of those wheels.
Me, I have to wonder why I had Ezekiel on the brain for four days.
My temporal lobe epileptic brain.

Ezekiel saw two wheels a rolling, way in the middle of the air
A wheel within a wheel a rolling, way in the middle of the air
The first wheel ran by faith, the other one ran by the grace of God
A wheel within a wheel a rolling, way in the middle of the air

Ezekiel saw two flames a-burning, way in the middle of the air
A flame within a flame a-burning, way in the middle of the air
The first flame burned by faith, and the other flame burned by the grace of God
Ezekiel saw two flames a-burning, way in the middle of the air


No comments:

Share!