Sunday, August 07, 2011

Everybody wang chung tonight

Everybody have fun tonight ....
Single Adult dance last night .... yeehaw
heh
As usual I danced every 'fast' song .... with other women or groups of women.
Seems the men in my age range prefer slow dancing, which I abhor.
Not the physical act of slow dancing, the slow dancing with someone you don't know, trying to make chit chat and be heard or hear over the music, trying to determine if they're going to turn this way or that, wishing you hadn't just danced 8 fast sings in a row because now you're perspiring heavily and how can that be appealing.
I love to dance though and it's likely better that I dance on the basketball court, er, I mean in the cultural hall.
Worry whether I'm up with trends or still dancing like it's 1983? I simply don't care. It's not a performance. It's just fun.
I do admit I can't get back to my seat fast enough when a line dance comes up. Following directions is not my forte.
To the right, to the right, to the right, to the right
To the left, to the left, to the left, to the left
Now kick, now kick, now kick, now kick
Now walk it by yourself, now walk it by yourself
- argh! - I walk it by myself right to the hallway! ha ha ha.

Line dancing requires listening, actual paying attention AND being able to follow direction.
I leave you with this, which I can never get out of my head for a week after a dance.
. . . now see the guy in the overcoat? That's me [not literally no, it's a dude, yeesh] trying to do the cupid shuffle.

No comments:

Share!